iVAC Newsletter November 2010Dec 13th, 2010 | By VisMaster Team | Category: iVAC, News
Attached is the November 2010 edition of the Integrated Visualization and Analytics Community (iVAC) Newsletter. The Basic/Futures Research (BFR) Program believes that regular communication is one of the most effective ways to enable our Data and Visual Analytics enterprise to flourish.
The iVAC Newsletter is envisioned as a coordinating function for the various activities coming out of the BFR program, international university partners and other government agencies. The thought is to present and share knowledge of these initiatives, accomplishments in various areas (technology, publications, new funding, etc.), up-coming conferences and events, and other significant happenings to the entire community.
This iVAC Newsletter features:
- VAST 2010 Best Paper: “Visual Readability Analysis”
- The Context Discovery Application
- Swedish Tour of iVAC Centers in the U.S.
- PIE Advances Research and End-User Partnerships
- Hundreds Descend on Salt Lake City for VAST 2010
- VACCINE Partner Hosts Multi-jurisdictional Exercise
- 2011 PNNL Visual Analytics Internships Available
- CCICADA Developing Public Health Evacuation Tools
- CCICADA visits NJ State Assembly
- 2011 VisWeek – Call for Participation
- EU Releases Research Agenda for Visual Analytics
- OPEN! Purdue Faculty Position in Human-Centered Computing
- Evacuation Planning Pilots of NFL Stadiums
Read the newsletter here: