iVAC Newsletter January 2011Mar 4th, 2011 | By VisMaster Team | Category: iVAC, News
Attached is the January 2011 edition of the Integrated Visualization and Analytics Community (iVAC) Newsletter. The Basic/Futures Research (BFR) Program believes that regular communication is one of the most effective ways to enable our Data and Visual Analytics enterprise to flourish.
The iVAC Newsletter is envisioned as a coordinating function for the various activities coming out of the BFR program, international university partners and other government agencies. The thought is to present and share knowledge of these initiatives, accomplishments in various areas (technology, publications, new funding, etc.), up-coming conferences and events, and other significant happenings to the entire community.
This iVAC Newsletter features:
- The 2011 DHS University Network Summit
- A new Outreach feature on the VA Community Website: Research Articles
- VACCINE hosting the Big Ten Police Chief’s Conference
- The 2011 Data Sciences Summer Institute!
- CCICADA partner, the City College of NY, has received a DHS grant to study combining gestures with facial expressions to assess a person’s emotional state or intent, and
- FIU receives 2010 DHS Scientific Leadership Award and funding to advance disaster information management in computer science PhD programs.
Read the newsletter here: