EuroVa 2012 – Call for PapersJan 18th, 2012 | By VisMaster Team | Category: Conferences
EuroVA 2012 – EuroVis Workshop on Visual Analytics in Vienna, Austria
June 4th – 5th, 2012 – conference website
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 2nd, 2012
- Short paper submissions, 4 pages in length + 1 extra page of references (maximum), are solicited.
- Submitted short papers should clearly relate to visual analytics and show the integration of computational data analysis and interactive visualization.
- Short papers should address either focused mature and concise contributions or interesting preliminary results of work in progress.
- The EuroVA 2012 Conference Proceedings will be published by the Eurographics Association.
EuroVA 2012 is the third international Eurovis workshop on visual analytics held in Europe and aims at continuing the success of the previous editions, held in Bordeaux, France, on June 8th, 2010, and in Bergen, Norway, on May 31st, 2011. Also this year the goal of the workshop is to promote and advance the combination and integration of visualization and analytics methods for the purpose of problem solving in a variety of application domains including engineering, business, public policy, medicine, security, etc. EuroVA will be held on June 4th-5th, 2012, in Vienna, Austria, as a workshop of the annual EuroVis 2012 Conference.
The EuroVA 2012 program will include a two keynote talks, from Jean-Daniel Fekete and Helwig Hauser, and short paper presentations. Visual Analytics is the science of analytical reasoning supported by interactive visual techniques, which requires interdisciplinary science integrating techniques from visualization and computer graphics, statistics and mathematics, data management and knowledge representation, data analysis and machine learning, cognitive and perceptual sciences, and more.
TOPICS of interest include but are not limited to:
- Visual representations and interaction techniques
- Data management and knowledge representation
- Data analysis and machine learning
- Cognitive and perceptual aspects
- Infrastructure and Evaluation
- Applications, as far as they are strictly related to visual analytics.
- Short Paper submission deadline: March 2nd, 2012
- Notification of acceptance: April 2nd, 2012
- Camera-ready papers due: April 17th, 2012
- EuroVA Workshop: June 4th – 5th, 2012
SHORT PAPERS SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Short papers, 4 pages in length + 1 extra page for references (maximum), must be prepared using the formatting guidelines (size of fonts, illustrations,…) which can be found at http://www.eurova.org/wp-content/uploads/egPublStyle-EuroVA2012.rar. Authors of accepted short papers will give an oral presentation. Submission site: TBA
- Kresimir Matkovic, VRVis Forschungs-GmbH, Austria
- Giuseppe Santucci, Sapienza, University of Rome, Italy
- Aigner Wolfgang – Centre of Visual Analytics Science and Technology, Austria
- Andrienko Natalia – Fraunhofer IAIS, Germany
- Bak Peter – IBM Haifa Research Lab, Israel
- Baudel Thomas – ILOG-IBM, France
- Bertini Enrico – University of Konstanz, Germany
- Chang Remco – Tufts University, USA
- Chen Min – University of Oxford, England
- Ebert David – Purdue University, USA
- Ertl Thomas – Stuttgart University, Germany
- Fekete Jean-Daniel – INRIA, France
- Fisher Brian – Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Hauser Helwig – University of Bergen, Norway
- Isenberg Petra – INRIA, France
- Johansson Jimmy – Linkoping University, Sweden
- Keim Daniel – University of Konstanz, Germany
- Kienreich Wolfgang – Know Center in Graz, Austria
- Kohlhammer Jorn – Fraunhofer IGD, Germany
- Miksch Silvia – Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Pike Bill – Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA
- Pohl Margit – Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Ribarsky Bill – UNC Charlotte, USA
- Roberts Jonathan – Bangor University
- Scholtz Jean – National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), USA
- Schumann Heidrun – University of Rostock, Germany
- Telea Alexandru – University of Groningen, Netherlands
- Tominski Christian – University of Rostock, Germany
- Van Wijk Jarke – Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
- Ward Matt – Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Weaver Chris – University of Oklahoma, USA
- Weiskopf Daniel – University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Wittenburg Kent – MERL, USA
- Wong Pak – Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA
- Wrobel Stefan – University of Bonn, Germany